Our hearts go out to the many people and businesses that have been affected by this unprecedented event. We are closely monitoring the fast-moving novel coronavirus (COVID-19) developments and guidance from the leading government and health authorities to ensure we are taking the right actions to protect our clients and employees.
What measures are ContactPartners taking?
It goes without saying that the health and safety of our clients, employees, and partners are paramount. We have taken/are taking the following actions:
- Today (17th March 2020) we have taken the decision to close our offices and for all employees to work from home with immediate effect. We have not taken this action lightly, but it seems clear that decisive action taken pre-emptively is the way to offer the most protection for all concerned.
- We will conduct video meetings in place of face to face ones.
- We have been using video conferencing room facilities and conducting video meetings for some time now, so this is not a new thing for us.
- We had previously increased office cleaning measures including additional cleaning and disinfecting of frequently touched objects and surfaces and will continue this regime as and when we eventually return to the office.
- We will continue to provide hand sanitiser to all employees.
- Staff have been reminded of the importance of maintaining good hand hygiene in line with advice from Public Health England.
- We placed appropriate guidance posters throughout our offices.
- We adopted measures from UK Government guidelines including those on self-isolation.
- We had one employee that returned from an apparently unaffected area of Italy in February. As a precautionary measure, that member of staff self-isolated by working from home for two weeks (as per guidance at the time). The employee showed no symptoms at the time nor developed any since.
Our commitment to Business Continuity
From inception, we designed our platform architecture to be flexible and scalable, and to enable management from any location. In fact, all of the services we deliver are cloud-based and are unaffected by our office or employee location. Our own internal services and administration also run entirely on cloud-based environments, meaning that we can effectively work from anywhere and operate in a location-independent manner.
While ContactPartners does not have a specific pandemic strategy plan, we do have detailed business continuity and employee absence and sickness polices/procedures that are followed in all eventualities. Furthermore, ContactPartners conducts regular exercises to test that the business can operate 100% remotely, and we have a Disaster Recovery and Business Continuity policy which is tested annually.
We successfully completed a ‘Work from home’ exercise earlier in March 2020 to confirm our ability for the business to work 100% remotely. This was in response to our risk assessment carried out as COVID-19 became of notable concern.
The result of the ‘Business Continuity’ exercise, gave us full confidence that all staff can work remotely and continue to provide our services to customers without compromise and so it was with confidence that we initiated the Business Continuity Plan to Work From Home for all employees.
Managing the supply chain
We have contacted our downstream suppliers and partners for updates on their situation and confirmation of any impact to their businesses as a result of COVID-19. This a fluid and fast-moving situation and so we will continue to monitor the situation throughout.
We have also identified the critical areas of our supply chain and have reviewed those key suppliers. We continue to monitor them closely and should any concerns be raised, we will take steps to mitigate or resolve them.
All that’s left to say during these trying times is stay safe and healthy and look after each other.
Sending best wishes to you all.
The ContactPartners team